Thursday, April 29, 2010

Should your sports team be using social media?

Facebook Hosts Conference On Future Of Social Technologies


We've all seen the horror stories of pro athletes misusing Twitter and Facebook. I've seen my fair share of NHL friends posting pictures on Facebook they wouldn't want to be public. I've seen NFL and NBA players bashing teammates or referees.

Beyond the negatives however, social media and networking has a world of benefits for professional and amateur sports teams. From promoting athletes, marketing your team to fans, and connecting with parents, players, and media, social networks such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and even blogging can benefit your team.

I recently wrote a guest blog for a Chatham-Kent Marketing company, CIK Marketing, on this topic. Check it out, let me know what you think, and if you need help utilizing social media for your team, feel free to contact me or the good people at CIK Marketing: Should sports teams use social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment